Last Updated: June 1, 2018
What does Datorama do?
Datorama is the leading global marketing intelligence company and platform. Our technology powers the world’s leading brands, agencies, publishers and platforms. We put marketers in control over all their data to make smarter decisions at every level of their business.
What information do we collect from you?
If you engage with a brand that uses our services, we may collect:
- Information provided to us by the brand or collected by us on behalf of the brand, and
- Automatic information, such as IP address, operating system and type of device used.
Information that you provide us through our website or on social media, including:
- Personal Data, such as your name and contact information
- Information you post on our social media pages or to our website user communities
Information collected automatically when you visit, including:
- Web browser and usage information, including IP address, browser type, page view tallies, time spent on each page, page browsing information, operating system and type of devise used
How does Datorama collect Personal Data from you?
Datorama collects only as much Personal Data as is needed for specific, identified purposes, and will not use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent.
We may collect information through the following methods if you visit our websites or social media pages:
- Your communications with Datorama,
- Your requests for information, news and other content,
- Your participation in one or more Datorama blogs, forums, chat rooms, or bulletin boards
- A technical support request you submit,
- Your participation in a Datorama promotion, or
- Recruitment and job applications.
We may also collect information from our direct interactions with you (such as through your attendance at a trade show or through sales inquiries), publicly available data or data provided by third-party sources, such as marketing opt-in lists. Brands using our services may provide us information that you previously provided to them.
How does Datorama use the information we collect about you?
If you engage with a brand that uses our services, we use the information we collect on behalf of and as directed by the brand.
If you visit our websites or social media pages Datorama will use your information for some or all the following purposes:
- Provide you with access to content you requested;
- Provide marketing or other promotional materials;
- Carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Enable you to participate in interactive features of our service;
- If you submit a resume or CV, to consider you for employment with Datorama
How long does Datorama keep the information we collect about you?
We keep your Personal Data only as long as necessary to provide you with our services and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of our services and website, making data-driven business decisions, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. For example, if you engage with a brand that uses our services, we may retain your information for the amount of time agreed with the brand.
Our website, apps, and services may use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – these cookies are essential to enable you to browse our websites, apps, and services and use the available features.
- Performance Cookies – these cookies collect information about how you use our websites, apps, and services. For instance, these cookies track which pages you visit most. This data may be used to help optimize our websites and services and make it easier for you to navigate within them. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you; all information is aggregated and anonymous.
- .Functionality Cookies – these cookies allow our websites, apps, and services to remember choices you make while browsing, such as geographic location and preferences such as text size and fonts. The information collected by these cookies will not personally identify you.
Web Beacons/Usage Analytics
Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. Web beacons, unlike cookies, are notstored on a computer’s hard drive. Web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Yes – Datorama uses, or our third-party advertising partners use, web beacons and usage analytics software that help us better manage content on a Datorama site by informing us what content is effective.
Datorama does nottie the information gathered by our web beacons to your Personal Data.
Third Party Cookies
When you visit a Datorama site, Datorama collects your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non-Personal Data. For example, Datorama uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which customers and visitors navigate a Datorama site.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Datorama sites do not respond to Do Not Track signals. For more information about Do Not Track signals, please click here www.allaboutdnt.com.
Sharing the information Datorama collects
Datorama is not in the business of selling your Personal Data. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you.
We will always give you an opportunity to choose to opt-out before your Personal Data is (1) disclosed to a third party, or (2) to be used for a purpose that is materially different from that for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you.
There are, however, certain circumstances in which we share your data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Joint Offerings: Datorama may partner with other companies to jointly offer products or services. If you purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly-offered product or service from us, Datorama may share information collected in connection with your purchase or expression of interest with our joint promotion partner(s). Datorama does not control our business partners’ use of the information we share with them, and their use of the information will be in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you do not wish for your information to be shared in this manner, you may opt not to purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly offered product or service.
- Credit Card Processing: We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use billing information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on Datorama’s behalf.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: Datorama, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Legal Requirements: Datorama may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Datorama, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of a Datorama site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
How can I access, review, correct, delete, or receive a copy of my information from Datorama or withdraw my consent from Datorama processing my Personal Data?
If you have subscribed to our newsletter and you no longer wish to receive our emails, newsletters or other communications you may unsubscribe at any time by using the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of such communications.
If you wish to access, amend, or confirm that Datorama has Personal Data relating to you, or if you wish to correct or delete your Personal Data, please notify us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time.
43 W. 23rd Street, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10010
How does Datorama keep my Personal Data secure?
To protect Personal Data collected and stored by Datorama, we have in place reasonable and appropriate technical and operational security measures to prevent Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Specifically, e-mail sent to or from a Datorama site may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to Datorama via a Datorama site or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Datorama via the Internet and keep any passwords confidential. The security of your Personal Data is important to us.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that we may transfer your Personal Data outside your country of origin. By providing or making available your Personal Data, you consent to that transfer.
For residents of the European Economic Area and Switzerland, Datorama will executed standard contractual clauses among Datorama affiliates for the purpose of its lawful transfers of personal data to the United States.
We will only transfer Personal Data to cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services, who need the information in order to provide services to or perform activities on behalf of Datorama.
Privacy Shield Independent Recourse Mechanism, Federal Trade Commission Jurisdiction
Datorama has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles to JAMS, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States to assist with the complaint resolution process. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shieldfor more information and to file a complaint.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Changes to our Policy