Head of Data Science
About The Position
As Head of Data Science at Datorama you will lead a group of researchers and engineers developing machine learning and statistical algorithms. You will be in charge of recruiting, building and growing the research team, as well as the delivery of all machine learning products from research to production. You will face very challenging and interesting data science problems to the end goal of delivering truly beneficial predictive marketing analytics to the platform, having a great impact on our product.
Things you’ll do
- Set the vision for data science in Datorama
- Lead research of novel machine learning algorithms
- Recruit new talent and grow the research team
- Build solutions all the way from research to delivery on a large scale production system, collaborating along the way with engineering and product teams.
- Be hands on at your level of preference
- MSc degree in Computer Science / Mathematics or other relevant domain (PhD - an advantage)
- Fluent in data manipulation, probability, and statistical modelling
- +4 years of developing machine learning algorithms
- +2 years of leadership and mentoring experience
- Background in large scale backend development and architecture
- Big Data experience (Hadoop / Spark) - an advantage
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.