About The Position
Datorama is looking for a Linux oriented experienced DBA to run our production and lab database activities within a dynamic web environment at large scales.
- Maintain large scale PostgreSQL databases and Vertica Clusters.
- Collaborates with technology/infrastructure staff to identify data relationships and functional requirements.
- Maintains Database and Storage in terms of sanity, performance and archiving.
- Analyzes and resolves issues related to Data flow and content.
- Performs activities related to the day-to-day administration and maintenance of database systems.
- Handle installations, upgrades, backups, monitoring and configuration.
- Provides guidance mentorship to other personnel.
- Minimum of 4 years data modeling experience with conducting performance tuning, backup/recovery, and scalability/capacity planning, in addition to SQL, PL/SQL, and UNIX shell scripting.
- Experience in maintaining complex mission-critical production database systems, in large-scale, geographically diverse environments.
- Excellent SQL and DB performance tuning skills.
- Working knowledge of relational database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths).
- Knowledge of technologies such as application servers and web services.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent English.
- Experience in creating automation tools for managing relational databases (auditing, account management, backup/restore, discovery, schema deployment)- an advantage.
- Detailed understanding & experience of Linux operating systems and kernels- an advantage.
- Experience in AWS RDS- an advantage.