Last Updated: January 10, 2017
EU-US PRIVACY SHIELD
When you register with Datorama, we may need certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) from you. When we collect such Personal Information, you will receive timely and appropriate notice describing what Personal Information we are collecting and how it will be used. You may choose to provide us with Personal Information (such as your name, email address, phone number and company name) through a Datorama site when you elect to register with Datorama in order to receive a demo of Datorama platform. At a minimum, you will always be able to opt-out from receiving marketing materials from Datorama. If we determine that applicable national law requires that more stringent requirements (opt-in) be applied before you receive marketing material or other communications from us, we will implement the same.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Datorama may also use Personal Information for marketing purposes. For example, Datorama may use information you provide to contact you about changes to our services or to further discuss your interest in our products or services and to send you information regarding Datorama and its partners, such as information about promotions or events. If you tell us that you do not want us to use this Personal Information as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes.
If you wish to access, amend, or confirm that Datorama has Personal Information relating to you, or if you wish to correct or delete your Personal Information if it is inaccurate, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe. If you no longer wish to receive our emails, newsletters or other communications you may unsubscribe at any time by using the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of such communication.
Statistical and log information
In addition, we may automatically collect information from visits to a Datorama site to help us provide better customer service and to make a Datorama site as user friendly as possible. This information may include, without limitation, your IP address, the hostname of your device, browser information, domain name, and dates and times of site visits. We also measure visitor activity on a Datorama site, such as the webpages that users view. Datorama may use this data to analyze site traffic and trends and statistics.
do not track disclosure
Datorama sites do not respond to Do Not Track signals. For more information about Do Not Track signals, please click here (http://www.allaboutdnt.com/).
third party cookies
- We will always give you an opportunity to choose to opt-out before your Personal Information is (1) disclosed to a third party, or (2) to be used for a purpose that is materially different from that for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. The only exception to this choice would be where we are required to disclose your Personal Information pursuant to a governmental or judicial order, or law or regulation to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
When you visit a Datorama site, Datorama collects your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non-Personal Information. For example, Datorama uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which customers and visitors navigate a Datorama site.
web beacons/usage analytics
Datorama employs, or our third-party advertising partners employ, web beacons and usage analytics software that help us better manage content on a Datorama site by informing us what content is effective. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by web beacons to our customers’ Personal Information.
Links to Other Web Sites
A Datorama site may contain links to other web sites. Datorama is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. The links from a Datorama site do not imply that Datorama endorses or has reviewed the third-party web sites. We suggest contacting the operators of those web sites directly for information regarding their privacy policies.
blogs/forums/chat rooms/bulletin boards
If you use a blog, forum, chat room or bulletin board on a Datorama site (“Forum(s)”), you should be aware that any Personal Information you submit in a forum can be read, collected, or used by other users of such forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in a forum.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information and Other Information
Datorama is not in the business of selling your Personal Information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Information with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Credit Card Processing: We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use billing information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on Datorama’s behalf.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: Datorama, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Legal Requirements: Datorama may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Datorama, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of a Datorama site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
Accountability for Onward Transfer
- We will not transfer Personal Information originating in the EU to third parties unless such third parties have entered into an agreement in writing with us requiring them to provide at least the same level of privacy protection to your Personal Information as required by the Principles of the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. We will only transfer Personal Information to cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services, who need the information in order to provide services to or perform activities on behalf of Datorama. In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU individuals received pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield, Datorama is potentially liable.
From time to time, Datorama may partner with other companies to jointly offer products or services. If you purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly-offered product or service from us, Datorama may share information collected in connection with your purchase or expression of interest with our joint promotion partner(s). Datorama does not control our business partners’ use of the information we share with them, and their use of the information will be in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you do not wish for your information to be shared in this manner, you may opt not to purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly offered product or service.
international transfer of information collected
To protect Personal Information collected and stored by Datorama, we have in place reasonable and appropriate technical and operational security measures to prevent Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from a Datorama site may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to Datorama via a Datorama site or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to Datorama via the Internet and keep any passwords confidential. The security of your Personal Information is important to us.
PRIVACY SHIELD INDEPENDENT RECOURSE MECHANISM, Federal Trade Commission Jurisdiction
Datorama has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to JAMS, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States to assist with the complaint resolution process. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information and to file a complaint.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
DATA INTEGRITY AND PURPOSE LIMITATION
- Datorama will take appropriate steps to make sure the Personal Information in our records is accurate. Datorama collects only as much Personal Information as is needed for specific, identified purposes, and will not use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent.
Changes to Our Policy
Correcting, Updating and Accessing Your Personal Information; Other Questions
43 W. 23rd Street, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10010